Dust-Tight, Air-Tight Conveying of Dry Abrasive Material
Ashtech’s totally enclosed chain conveyors are used for a wide range of conveying applications, including fly ash, FGD effluent, coal dust, lime, dewatered bottom ash, fluid bed boiler ash, and other difficult materials.
- Low-speed operation, 4-20 fpm, minimizes component wear.
- Dust-tight design permits conveying of extremely fine materials while maintaining positive or negative pressure seals.
- Totally enclosed configuration insures self-cleaning operation, even with damp or adhesive materials.
- Low-speed, high-torque drives for positive conveying of the most difficult materials – from easily aerated, low density dust, to damp adhesive materials. Operation is unaffected by periodic changes in material characteristics.
- High-temperature designs permit operation at over 1500F through alternate material selections and water-jacketed designs.
- Configurations available for a wide range of feed and discharge requirements. Elevation of materials up to 35° incline, conveying distances of 200 ft or more, conveying capacities over 50TPH.
Typical Conveyor Arrangements
Numerous inlets and outlet configurations are used to accommodate system requirements.
Fly Ash Handling
Totally enclosed, dust-tight, air-tight dry drag chain conveyors receive fly ash through seal valves or mate directly to fly ash hoppers. Available with single-strand and double-strand chain, top or bottom conveying configurations, horizontal or inclined conveyors up to 35 degree incline.